You can use canned salmon or even fresh smoked salmon if you want. Any leftovers take to work for lunch the next day.
This recipe is low sugar, low fat, high protein.
- 2 small cans tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 cup Sunflower rice cooked rice
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce, salt reduced
- 1 tbsp. mirin
- 6 mushrooms, small, sliced
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- ¼ red capsicum, diced
- ½ onion, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Chilli paste or sauce to taste - optional
- Squeeze of lemon
- Heat a wok or non-stick fry pan with sesame oil. Add onion and capsicum keep stirring until softened. Add mushrooms and garlic; keep stirring for a couple of minutes. Add a peas and if you like chilli, stirring. You can add a couple of tbsp. of water if ingredients are sticking to pan. Season with cracked pepper.
- Now add cooked rice. Mix your soy, mirin together and drizzle over rice, mix in. Add tuna, stir, try to leave chunky.
- When ready, squeeze a little lemon over and serve. Enjoy!
Servings: 2 Serving size:370g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1560 kJ||423 kJ|
|373 Cal||101 Cal|
|Protein||26.8 g||7.2 g|
|Fat, total||4.8 g||1.3 g|
|- saturated||1 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||50.3 g||13.6 g|
|- sugars||11.3 g||3.1 g|
|Sodium||630 mg||170 mg|